How to Add a New User
You can add a new user to allow multiple people to access and edit the maps on your account. Learn more about Account Users here.
How to Add a New User to an Account
- Open one of your maps.
- Click the "Menu" button, and click on the "Account and User List" button.
- Expand the list of users by clicking on the + icon next to the word "Users."
- Click the "Add New User" button.
- Enter the email address of the new user.
- If you know the password this user would like to use, uncheck the box and enter it in.
- If they would like an auto-generated password, then leave the box checked. Their new password will be sent to them.
- Finally, click the "Add" button.
- Optional: Assign permissions to this new user. Learn more about that here.
What if my user doesn't have an email address?
You can create an alias so the user can login and receive notifications through the base address. An alias is a substitute for an email address. It is created by adding the user's name with a plus before a base address.
For example, if a company has a base email address of email@example.com, then they can create an alias by adding a user's name, Bob, with a plus.
The alias would be firstname.lastname@example.org, and that can serve as Bob's email address when his user is created. All notifications for Bob would be sent to the base address of email@example.com.
- You must be an Account Manager to add new users. See the "Account Details" tab to identify the Account Managers.
- If you are unable to add new users, check the amount of users you have paid for on the "Account Details" tab. If you have any questions or need to further investigate this, please contact us.