How To Group Layers
Layer Groups are helpful to organize and group similar layers together. These groups will allow you to collapse your layers under a general title so there is less clutter on your Layers screen. These groups will also allow you to turn off and on multiple layers with one click.
How to Create a Layer Group
- Click the Layers button.
- Click the Add button next to the list of Map Layers.
- In the Action dropdown list, select "Create New Layer Group."
- Type a "Group Name" to describe the layers that will be in that group.
- Select the first layer for your group from the "First Layer" dropdown box.
- Click Create to create a Layer Group.
How to Add/Remove Layers from a Layer Group
- To add an additional layer to an existing layer group, click on the layer name and drag it until you see a blue line either above or below the first layer in the layer group.
- Drop the selected layer on the blue line, and it will appear as part of the layer group.
- To remove layers from a layer group, click on the layer name and drag it away from the layer group until a blue line is visible outside of the layer group.
- Drop the selected layer on the blue line.
How to Delete a Layer Group
- Click on a layer within the layer group, and drag it away from the group until you see a blue line.
- Drop the layer on the blue line outside of the layer group.
- Repeat this process until all of the layers have been removed from the layer group, and the group will be deleted.
- Unfortunately, you cannot rename a layer group. However, you may remove your layers from the initial group and create a new group with your desired title.
- On some browsers, you must click on the text of the layer name in order to drag it.